We Support the Global Compact
United Nations Global Compact
INPEX CORPORATION has been a participant in the United Nations Global Compact since December 2011.
The United Nations Global Compact is a voluntary corporate responsibility initiative proposed by Mr. Kofi Annan (ex Secretary-General, The United Nations) in 1999 and was established in The United Nations Headquarters in 2000. Participants in the Global Compact, who endorse ten principles of four fields of human rights, labor, environment, and anti-corruption, voluntarily implement their role as a good corporate citizen, and aim to contribute to a sustainable growth of international society. More than 20,000 corporate participants and other stakeholders have joined The United Nations Global Compact (as of July 2022).
10 Principles of the UN Global Compact
- Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- the effective abolition of child labor; and
- the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
For more information, please visit the United Nations Global Compact website.